Monday, May 24, 2010

How many fish should i feed my turtle?

I have a baby red ear slider (1.5-2in.). i also bought some feeder minnows (0.5-1in.). How much should i feed him?
and i was also wondering, If i put a large sucker fish (5in. apox.) to clean the leftovers that s fall between the rocks, will my turtle eat the sucker fish right now?
Answers:
He won't eat the sucker fish right now, but he MIGHT go after it and end up killing it, just not eating it. I'd avoid putting it in the tank and just clean the tank more regularly.

If the RES is that small I'd only put 3-5 in there and let him eat them as he wants. Mine eats till he's full and saves the rest till later.
the turtle wont eat the sucker or goldfish it is too small. Turtles can start eating goldfish at around 4 inches.
If turtle did he spit it back out yuck !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment