Saturday, May 22, 2010

How many babies can fish have at one time?

I just recently discovered that there are about 4 baby fish in my tank that didn't used to be there. I know that the parents are the mollies that I have in my tank.
The female's stomach is still rather big... are there going to more, and if so, how many?

Thank you!
Answers:
Well depending on the health of the mother and how old she is and how many litters she's had mollies can have up to 100 in one litter at their best. But i would say if she hasn't had any before about 20 more at the most. But it also depends on how big the female was before the pregnancy as mollies are generally quite big. But i can't say how many are going to reach adulthood.

Hope this helps

and to the first post mollies are livebearers so no eggs
eggs dear
not live births
1000 is not unheard of
but the male fish has to fertilize on the eggs at tank floor etc
They usually have a load of fish. I'm going to take a guess and say about 100, but I might be wrong. If you actually want to keep them and let the baby fish grow you are going to need to remove the fish. The mother sometimes will eat the fish.
FISH EAT SINGLE BABY ANY HOW.
They can have up to 100 fry, but the average is 30 - 50 at a time.
depends what kind of fish. my guppy had up to 12 and only 8 survived :) the others got eaten
mabe 100!

good luck!
Usually 300-500 that works for eggs too, but fish eat their babies and eggs so thats why you probably only have a few
The average amount in 30-50...

But I have heard of 100 at a time.


脽眉bbl毛拧

1 comment:

  1. how many babies do algae eaters have? I had two now I have over 20

    ReplyDelete