Saturday, May 22, 2010

How long will an Oscar Fish live and how large will he get.?

Also, how would one tell what gender the fish is?
Answers:
Not sure about the gender but oscars will grow as big as their environment will let them. So a big 50 gallon tank would allow them to grow bigger. I know that my friend's oscar lived 5 years but I dont know it thats unusual or normal.
LIKE 5 YEARS AND A FOOT AND A HALF LONG
One might live 10+ years and get over 14 inches if cared for and housed properly. the only way to be sure of sex is if it lays eggs
I HAVE 3 OSCARS AND THEY ARE ABOUT 12-14 INCHES LONG AND I HAVE HAD THEM SO FAR FOR 10 YEARS
idk
I recently lost an Oscar that was about 12' long and I'd had it since 1991.
They get to be upwards of 15". A store I worked at had one that was 26 years old. Impossible to tell sex by external examination. Either cut open fish (therefore killing it) or witness breeding.
Standard oscar will reach a minimum of 40cm (16inch) and will live for 15-22yrs
Albino oscar will reach a minimum of 30cm (12inch) and will live for 5-15yrs
11+,15+cm.
not possible without killing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment