Sunday, August 2, 2009

How do you keep an axolotl occupied and happy?

I have an axolotl and I love him very much. He has things to hide in in his tank, but I'm worried he's bored. How can you keep one entertained and happy? Thanks for any advice.
Answers:
Provide loops and hiding places in the tank, lava rocks are especially great!
About all that entertained mine was food and a second axolotl. I wouldn't recommend overfeeding, and the first two I had together laid eggs.

I don't know that they are actually capable of being bored, but if they are I think maybe the best way to prevent boredom is to change the decorations around it their tank once in a while. You can add new items, take some out, and move others around. You could also see about getting him a large snail for a friend. Or, if you get another axolotl, try to get one that's the same gender if you don't want babies (they're hard to raise and need a ot of space - otherwise they're cannabalistic). If you want to try it, or just want to see more info about them, try this link: http://www.axolotl.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment